The Pimlico Processing Toolkit (PIpelined Modular LInguistic COrpus processing) is a toolkit for building pipelines made up of linguistic processing tasks to run on large datasets (corpora). It provides wrappers around many existing, widely used NLP (Natural Language Processing) tools.
It makes it easy to write large, potentially complex pipelines with the following key goals:
- to provide clear documentation of what has been done;
- to make it easy to incorporate standard NLP tasks,
- and to extend the code with non-standard tasks, specific to a pipeline;
- to support simple distribution of code for reproduction, for example, on other datasets.
The toolkit takes care of managing data between the steps of a pipeline and checking that everything’s executed in the right order.
The core toolkit is written in Python. Pimlico is open source, released under the GPLv3 license. It is available from its Github repository. To get started with a Pimlico project, follow the getting-started guide.
More NLP tools will gradually be added. See my wishlist for current plans.
- Pimlico guides
- Core docs
- Core Pimlico modules
- Future plans
- Pimlico API Documentation